IfÂ making certain changes to Magento, such as modifying code files, it is necessary to clear the cache in order for the changes to become visible.
There are two ways to clear the cache in Magento:
Through the Magento Admin Panel
- Log in to your Admin Panel account
- Go to the System -> Cache Management section
- Click on the Flush Magento Cache button
Using SSH/FTP or theÂ FTP-Client
- Delete the contents of the var/cache/ folder using the following SSH command (MUST be executed from your Magento base directory):
rm -rf var/cache/*or in the home directory
rm -rf magento/var/cache/*
- Delete the folders in the directoryÂ magento/var/cache/
through your FTP client.